Monday, November 30, 2009

Best Books

A friend just sent me the following link to a list of the best books of the last decade (http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-best-books-of-the-00s,35774/1/) I'd read 10 of them, and reading through it gave me some great new ideas about a few things to add to my "list." But it also motivated me to develop by own list of literary bests. So here goes, my list of the best books ever:

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Middlesex by Jeffery Eugenides
The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
And the Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Ann Fadiman
The Bretheren: Inside the Supreme Court by Bob Woodward and Scott Armstrong
Love Poems from God by Daniel Ladinsky
Iron and Silk by Mark Salzman
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Brothers Karamazov by Fydor Dostoevsky
Born on a Blue Day by Daniel Tammet
Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam
Lamb by Christopher Moore
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes

Which ones would you add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment