Wednesday, December 2, 2009

At long last, the Book of Things that Suck (Electronic Edition)



When I was in college, a friend and I had the idea to create a book called "The Book of Things that Suck." It would mostly be pictures of things that suck: a bike whose seat and tires were stolen, cars with the boot, etc. But we would also include other things like my friends' three (yes, count em' three) rejection letters from the school of architecture at our undergraduate college (they just wanted to make extra sure she knew she didn't get in). We often brainstormed about it, but never brought it to fruition.

But I met an awesome couple last night at my friends' birthday party and our conversation rekindled my passion for the important work of documenting the suckage of the world. They even gave me my first few ideas.

So I have added a side-bar to this blog as an electronic book of things that suck....a clearinghouse for mockery and hilarity. I hope you'll enjoy it or even consider suggesting items for the list or submitting photos that might be included.

Over and out. Suckas!

3 comments:

  1. and why do pogs suck? those were fun! you could make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should be more clear. It's the snuggie commercials that really suck, and therefore snuggies by association. Haven't you seen them? They show a nuclear family at a high school football game all wearing matching snuggies. Nevermind that any adolescent would likely be flogged by his or her classmates for appearing at a game in a matching snuggie with his parents, but, as it turns out, they've already invented an outdoor snuggie: It's called a jacket!
    And about pogs: they just suck.

    ReplyDelete