Friday, December 2, 2011

Goodbye (In Song)

Clearly I have reached the procrastination stage of freaking out, because instead of working on ALL THE STUFF that I really absolutely need to get done right now in order to end my work at two jobs, put all my stuff in a POD and drive across the nation in time to start on Christmas Eve, I am blogging and surfing the web. This is what usually procedes periods of great productivity tinged with hysteria for me, so I am embracing it. By searching for list of great good-bye songs online.

My favorites so far?
Hello Goodbye by the Beatles (What the hell is this song actually about? Not sure, but it is awesome.)
I've Had the Time of My Life from the Dirty Dancing Soundtrack (An eternal truth: Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Another eternal truth: why is this still the best movie ever?)
I'm Coming Home P.Ditty with Skylar Gray (Love the ridiculous nature of this video, and the message that PDitty is trying to return to his ghetto roots despite having been a millionaire now for the better part of two decades.)
Leaving on a Jet Plane (or NOT, see previous post) by Peter Paul and Mary
Friends by Michael W. Smith (A tribute to my sappy, quasi-evangelical youth group days and anyone whose eighth-grade graduation slide show had this as the background music. Also, this particular video is a fairly amazing slide-show of cheesy images that will make you tear up or laugh hysterically depending on what mood you're in.)
Midnight Train to Georgia by Gladys Knight (Yes!)

Any favorites to add that I should look up on you tube and play on repeat while I pack boxes and weep? Send em on over!

1 comment:

  1. What about the maudlin "I will remember you" by Sarah McLaughlin? And I personally love the cover of "Hello Goodbye" that was on that Target commercial a few years ago...

    ReplyDelete