Friday, January 21, 2011

Improve-isational

But seriously though, about the nutrition thing, I have actually figured out why I can never eat healthily. It's because I'm an improver. That is what I do, I improve things. So whenever I eat anything really healthy (read: Tasteless.) all I can think of is how to make it better. It's who I am, and you wouldn't want to change that would you?

Take plain yogurt for instance, a favorite of health nuts everywhere. And it is good, isn't it? We even make our own. But do you know what makes it even BETTER? Topping. I've just recently honed in on the perfect blend of walnuts, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, raisins, craisins, and flax seeds (for my health, you know) which when consumed in nearly direct proportion to the yogurt makes it unbelievably delicious.

Or how about eggs? High protein, relatively low fat, a standard snack. Good right? Yes. Especially when you mix them with other stuff such as cheese and cream and delicious roasted vegetables and form them into quiches and souffles. Delicious!

Or peanut butter? A little on the fatty side, but still okay right. No....better than okay, WONDERFUL, especially if you mix it with Nutella and Bananas and some form of probably-not-whole-wheat-bread. A revelation!

I could go on and on, but what I'm actually saying is that I don't feel that leaving the world without improvement is a very fair or just thing to do. So I'm sorry I can't help you with that. But I did just pull a delicious Mushroom-Gruyere quiche out of the oven if you're in the neighborhood......

No comments:

Post a Comment