Monday, July 6, 2009

Better late than....the first one at the party?


As a (usually) punctual person, I have been recently challenged by the developing trend of tardiness that seems to be overtaking the social landscape. The last three parties I have been to, I've appeared relatively on time to find out that myself and my partner-in-crime are the first to arrive...by about 30 minutes! This combined with being the first (and for a while, only) one at half a dozen meetings this month has left me wondering:

If you know everyone else will be late, is it okay to be late yourself? When a party is at 7:30, when should I arrive? If I'm the only one at the meeting, should I start it myself?

As of now, I'm feeling as though I either need to adjust my internal social clock or move to Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment