Sunday, September 12, 2010

Movie Personalities

I think there should be a new personality test based on the movie categories that Netflix suggests for you and what they say about you and your preferences.

For instance, I wonder what it says about me that Netflix recently recommended the following categories of movies for me:
Beat the System Dramas Based on Real Life
Critically Acclaimed Feel-Good Comedies
Gay and Lesbian Independent Dramas
Goofy Suspenseful Action Adventures
Indie Romances
Visually-striking Exciting Movies
Witty Opposites Attract Comedies
Critically Acclaimed Understated Dramas

So it seems like I might be a goofy, visually-striking yet understated witty lesbian seeking to feel good and beat the system. Is this true? The possibilities are endless...

3 comments:

  1. Wait, is "Beat the System Dramas Based on Real Life" an actual category? You are you a LYING goofy, visually-striking yet understated witty lesbian seeking to feel good and beat the system?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MWK: Yes. Beat the System Dramas Based on Real Life is an actual category. It includes things like "Prison Break Seasons 1-4." Which has NOTHING to do with real-life, so I'm not quite sure why it is described this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that list is hilarious (yes, I am in catch-up-on-your-blog mode). I have yet to make the leap to Netflix (given that they keep telling me I've already had a free trial when in fact I have NOT), but when I shop at Target, or anywhere else for that matter, it's still pretty much Comedy, Action, Drama, Horror, etc. So I say again, that list is hilarious. :)

    ReplyDelete